According to EVERYONE the first step is to chart your cycle, so keep track of symptoms, menstruation and test for ovulation with an OPK (Ovulation predictor kit). I have been charting my cycle for about 6 months, but today I got my OPK in the mail! I ordered a bulk off brand from amazon.com I got 100 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests for about $10! WIN!
According to my handy dandy OvuView phone app (I DEFINITELY recommend this it's fantastic!), I am currently in my fertile stage, so as soon as the package got here I figured, what the hey, might as well give them a try! The directions are super easy: pee in cup, dip stick in cup, count to 30, remove, wait, look for 2 lines...and what do you know, 2 LINES! My first try and I get a positive! That HAS to be a good sign!
We aren't inseminating yet, BUT our journey has barely begun and we are off to a fantastic start! I will use my OPK for the next couple days to chart my ovulation hormones (they have some real name of course, but I would have to google it and make sure the spelling is right...blah blah blah, you know what I mean)to get a peak time frame for this cycle. THEN continue the process the next couple months to get a solid ovulation time frame for when we start inseminating.
We are planning to start inseminating this fall, so we have a spring baby (and I don't have to walk around 7 months pregnant in 90 degree weather!) so we have 6 months to go. We have tentatively decided on using a KD (known donor) who is a friend of ours and has offered his sperm to us (what a kind soul). We will be doing at home ICI (itracervical insemination), basically a cup of swimmers and a needless syringe injected as close to the cervix as possible.
We are still doing LOTS of research on all the possible ways for us to conceive and I will be sure to share what we learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment